How It Works
Individual sessions focus on clarifying your life/work vision and meeting your specified goals. For career exploration we look at your ideal career scenario and take clues from that. We can brainstorm career options based on Barbara Sher’s book, I Could Do Anything, If I Only Knew What It Was. You can also do interest, skill and personality assessments. Reading materials and handouts are used, and an action plan is developed during each session. You decide the number of sessions according to your own goals and how quickly you would like to accomplish them. Your goal might be one or several of these, or something else!
- Explore what you’d love to do; get in touch with what is really important to YOU.
- Develop a list of options based on your dreams and interests, values, skills, personality.
- Learn time-saving ways to check out your options.
- Deal with any obstacles to making your career change.
- Evaluate options in light of your own criteria and goals.
- Make your resume and interviews work to the max for you.
- Plan the next step: returning to school, starting your own business, job searching.
- Take action; move toward that which is joyful for you.
“Mert’s inspirational style considers the whole person, not just what you want to do for eight hours a day, but how you want to live your life. She helps you see a bigger picture and that has been immensely helpful to me.” ~ C.S.
“Mert is so positive and so motivational. I enjoy my time with her so much that I wish I could meet every week for the rest of my life!” ~ A.J.G.
“Working with Mert really wasn’t work at all! She helped me organize my dreams and skills and matched the two. I had a wonderful experience and am very excited and happy in my new career.”